Save energy, save money, protect the environment.
Water heating accounts for 20-25% of the total energy consumption in a typical home and showering demands the bulk of that hot water load in most homes. After use, 90% of the energy delivered to your shower goes down the drain.
Now you can recover and re-use much of that energy before it is lost, with a Power-Pipe® Drain Water Heat Recovery (DWHR) System. With a Power-Pipe installed on your home shower, you save energy, reduce your overall household water heating costs by up to 40% and protect the environment by reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
The Power-Pipe DWHR System is simple, effective, and foolproof, because it is based on a fundamental physical principle called the "falling film" effect. Water falling down a vertical pipe does not run down the center of that pipe as it would seem, but instead clings to its inside wall. This creates a thin "falling film" from which the Power-Pipe can readily recover heat energy.
In cost and energy savings and in overall performance, the Power-Pipe is superior to other water heating technologies, such as standard on-demand systems and solar water heating systems. Moreover, it can be used in combination with virtually any water heating system, no matter how economical the energy source, to increase energy cost savings.
The Power-Pipe consists of multiple coils of copper tube wrapped together around a copper central drain pipe. Hot water going down the drain transfers its heat to incoming cold water moving up the coils. This exclusive, patent-pending design provides greater and more efficient heat exchange than other DWHR devices, and this with no discernible water pressure loss.
In short, the Power-Pipe:
- Is affordable: it can be installed in most homes for as little as $500.00 (hardware and labour).
- Saves up to 40% of water heating costs in the typical home.
- Pays for itself in 2 to 6 years.
- Increases hot water capacity: you will not run out of hot water anymore.
- Creates no discernible pressure loss.
- Reduces total home energy consumption by up to 10%.
- Reduces green house gas emissions by almost 1 ton per year for a family of four.
- Is easy to install in new or existing homes.
- Is compatible with any type of water heating system.
- Is maintenance-free: the passive system has no moving parts.
- Is durable: it will last more than 50 years.
The Power-Pipe qualifies for energy efficiency financial incentives offered by various government departments and power utility companies. Contact your local power company for information.
Order your Power-Pipe Drain Water Heat Recovery System online: